...meandering thoughts and a reminder to myself that a mundane day can be just as beautiful as a spectacular one.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Now is a Good Time to Explore.


I brought out the paintbrushes, easel, and canvas when the flowers on the table were still fresh.  As you can see, they've since withered and turned brown.  Much as my motivation did to actually paint on that blank canvas.  So, the canvas remains - blank, but ready.  I haven't painted since college.  It's something I used to adore-escaping for awhile into fantasy land.  But, now it's almost as if I'm afraid to pick it up again - such an unreasonable fear really. So, I've decided to leave this easel up and ready to go - I will not put this canvas away until there's some paint on it.  My fortune cookie today had the following message:


Well fortune cookie - I think you're right.  Now's as good a time as ever to explore.  Well, maybe tomorrow evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment