...meandering thoughts and a reminder to myself that a mundane day can be just as beautiful as a spectacular one.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Planet Yuck


This is from awhile ago.  Back when Stuart and I thought that it would be great to create a children's book for charity.  Stuart, of course, was the writer and I was the illustrator.  We created the book entitled Planet Yuck - with our little alien named Lenny.  I remember it was a lot of fun - but, we we should have given ourselves more time to complete book.  We are both very good at underestimating the time it takes us to complete projects.  Here's a couple of the photos we took of our book before it was auctioned off.  (We were so relieved that someone bid on it and got to take it home.)  Hopefully, this summer we will be inspired to create another book.  Now, my wheels are beginning to turn.  I've been attending a lot of baby showers lately and I think a home-made book just may be a gift that might not necessarily be on the 10 page gift registry but would be loved all the same.  We need to study some binding techniques to give our books a more professional feel - last time we used a scrapbook because we were short on time.  So, if anyone out there has any recommendations on constructing a book - please let us know. :0)

4 comments:

  1. Check with your local library, bet they could help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea :0) Good thing I've got a library card - I may have to dust it off before I use it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I have to have a baby in order to get a book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope you only have to like books. And let us know if you have a certain idea for the book. Yay! Thanks for looking at my blog Anna :0)

    ReplyDelete