...meandering thoughts and a reminder to myself that a mundane day can be just as beautiful as a spectacular one.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Sneaking a Peek of the Farnsworth House




The Farnsworth House designed by Mies van der Rohe
is one of the gems that my home town of Plano has to offer.
This time of year you can actually sneak a peek 
from across the Fox River at Silver Springs State Park.
When I was in high school, my mom was a tour guide there - 
which makes this place even cooler if you ask me.

When Mr. Palumbo owned this house I remember he came 
into Tastee Treat - the cute little ice cream shop 
that was my first ever paying job.
I will never forget showing the proper Englishman 
how to use the jukebox to play an Elvis song.  I
was a little bit starstruck I remember.



No comments:

Post a Comment