...meandering thoughts and a reminder to myself that a mundane day can be just as beautiful as a spectacular one.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Italian Wedding Soup

I opted for Italian wedding soup for lunch today.
Then, it hit me.  
Why in the world is it called Italian wedding soup?
 
Was this a popular dish served at weddings in Italy long ago? 
 
Did it get it's name because the flavors 
go so well together 
so they said "I do" and got married? 
 
Did it get it's name from someone who 
just thought they were being clever?
 
Yes, I think about random things quite often.
But, I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one.

So, if you've ever wondered- like I have
it's called Italian wedding soup by mistake really.

Thank you Wikipedia for all the answers
So folks, here it is:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment