...meandering thoughts and a reminder to myself that a mundane day can be just as beautiful as a spectacular one.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

On the Eve of New Year's Eve


  

Our New Year's Eve was pretty uneventful.
But, our New Year's Eve Eve was a fun downtown adventure
with the family.

We went to the Art Institute, where
I can simply just lose myself.  I'd like to live there.
Do you think they'd notice?









Then we meandered over to Millennium Park
where Evan finally got to see the bean
after waiting for 21 long years.






 We fulfilled our touristy obligations by filming 
a short video that we can all laugh at.  
By the way, nice trick Mom :o)
& thanks Danny for finally humoring me.


 

We took in the sights on State Street.
I was so so so excited to see crimped hair 
in the shop window.
What a pleasant surprise.
Hooray for crimped hair! 

 
 
To round out our ever so sophisticated day,
we ventured off into the world of the Tilted Kilt.
The boys enjoyed the scenery 
& I enjoyed my black & blue.

Quite

de·lec·ta·ble/diˈlektəbəl/

Adjective:
  1. (of food or drink) Delicious.
  2. Extremely beautiful.


4 comments:

  1. So funny we just went to the Kilted Tilt, I mean Tilted Kilt in Bolingbrook! Video was great as were the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that on your FB. What are the odds? What'd you order there? I couldn't resist the Danny Boy's Shepards Pie. yummmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had Maggie Mae's Fish and Chips in honor of Maggie Benoit! I think it's funny that we both went to TK and we both thought to order something that had the name of someone we know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah- well, who can resist that? Have a good weekend Jerri Lynn!

    ReplyDelete