...meandering thoughts and a reminder to myself that a mundane day can be just as beautiful as a spectacular one.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

2012 Chicago Auto Show


On Friday, we went to the 

I love, love, love the auto show.
The mister, on the other hand, was like
"Yay.  Let's drive in a car for two hours to go look at cars.
Not my idea of fun love."
Actually.  It took us 2 1/2 hrs.  
Traffic going in on a Friday night was pretty yucky.

But, you know what I think he may have had an inkling of fun after all.

The highlight for me was pretending this Mini Cooper Sportsman
belonged to me.  She was beautiful.


Another highlight was visiting the Fiat 500s.
They're really pretty awesome too.
So, between those two cars I was one happy girl.
I can just imagine driving around with the windows down
with a big old smile with the mister in the passenger seat.


 

  
This taxi was pretty cool too.


 I've had a fascination with mannequins lately.
So, when we stumbled across these crash dummies
I couldn't help but gawk and take photos.
Aren't they so cool?


 This is the coolest color car we saw there.
I'm not sure the real name of the color - 
but, I'd call it  permafrost.



My vote for the best exhibit design.
Lincoln, hands down.
Mesmerizing.
 




Had to throw in the TT-
if I ever win the lottery I'm buying my aunt one of these.
Her name is TT too.
  
To finish out the night, we had a pretty good
view from the rooftop of the parking garage.
By the way - the ride home was only a little over an hour.
Not nearly as bad as the 2 1/2 hrs. to get there.


No comments:

Post a Comment