...meandering thoughts and a reminder to myself that a mundane day can be just as beautiful as a spectacular one.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Broken for You


Just finished reading Broken for You, by Stephanie Kallos.

Now, I don't want to give too much away - but, this was a heartwarming book.
A little predictable - but, that's okay.  Sometimes, a happy ending worth it,
It features a mansion filled with antique items.  Every item has it's own unique story.
It's also about creating an unconventional family created out of unexpected  friendships.

Also, a really cool old lady named Margaret Hughes (the matriarch) was one
of the main characters who I absolutely adore.

I think this is the first book that I've read that 
was written in first, second, and third person point of view.  
It would switch around from chapter to chapter.
So, that was neat.

One last thing, lots and lots of breaking dishes in this book 
for a purpose - which sounds so liberating.  I'd like to try it..  I break a lot
of dishes - but, it'd be fun to have it be intentional and not because I'm just a klutz.

So, if you have time check it out.  It's a good read.,




No comments:

Post a Comment