...meandering thoughts and a reminder to myself that a mundane day can be just as beautiful as a spectacular one.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

6.24.11 Relay for Life

 
The Survivor Lap
My Aunt Edie & my cousin Jerri Lynn - both survivors, both awesome.
All the girl cousins - all three of us. (Briante, me, & Anna who drove all the way from Kansas!)

Last night I attended my first Relay for Life.
I didn't get to stay the whole night - but, it was great to see family and friends.
Aunt Edie is a pillar of strength and I think we were all proud to attend the event  in her honor.  
Aunt Theresa & Briante made us all t-shirts that said:
E is for Edie - Our Energizer Bunny. 
I hate cancer.  It's just not fair on anyone. But, thanks to the American Cancer Society
and events like Relay for Life there is hope that there will one day be a cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment