...meandering thoughts and a reminder to myself that a mundane day can be just as beautiful as a spectacular one.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Giselle

 

A clip from Act 2 of Dutch National Ballet's Giselle. Myrtha (Igone de Jongh) commands the entrance of the Wilis - the spirits of young girls who have died before their wedding nights. Giselle will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray in early 2010 and will be shown on ClassicalTV.com and NPS (Dutch TV) in December 2009. A Het Nationale Ballet - DutchView - 3 minutes West production.


A couple of weekends ago, I got to sneak in and watch a few of the 
performances by the Summers Academy of Dance.
I just love seeing all the little girls in their tutus and all the proud parents in the audience.
It just chokes me up every single time.
The older ballerinas performed this piece from Giselle and it was just beautiful. 
I had to find the performance on YouTube.  This performance is by the Dutch National Ballet.
I'm adding this to my list of things I'd like to see.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment