...meandering thoughts and a reminder to myself that a mundane day can be just as beautiful as a spectacular one.

Friday, July 8, 2011

My Year with Eleanor

My Year with Eleanor
A Memoir by Noelle Hancock


First off, I love the cover design of this book.  It's fun & whimsical. Bright
blue & bright pink are an excellent combo.

This book was inspired by a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt.

"Do one thing every day that scares you."

What a great idea for a memoir.  Noelle Hancock is a 29 year old woman
who is just let go from her high end job when the book begins.
But, instead of being defeated - she begins a year of conquering her fears.
She does really scary and thrilling things, such as swimming with sharks,
stand up comedy, skydiving, & mountain climbing.  It's a book that
is quite a journey.  The author seems timid in the beginning.  By the end of the year of fear,
she's ultra confident and radiant.
I like the little snip-its in the book about Eleanor Roosevelt too.  Now, 
I want to read her autobiography as well.  She's another great woman in
history who I don't know nearly enough about.  Plus, I just love the green dress
she's wearing on the cover of this book. (I have a thing for green dresses- 
but, that's a whole other topic.)  

:0)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment