...meandering thoughts and a reminder to myself that a mundane day can be just as beautiful as a spectacular one.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Memories of 2012

Thanksgiving this year will have a lot of memories for me.

We kicked off Thanksgiving break in the Millar household with...haggis.
Well, to be more precise, the mister and the little litos 
kicked off Thanksgiving break with haggis.
They love the stuff.  I don't understand their passion for
this canned Scottish goodness myself, but 
I get a good laugh out of the big production.



We spent Thanksgiving day at Great Grandma's house.
Mom made such a good feast.  It was ready on the table and everything
right when we walked in the door.
We put up the old artificial tree - check out it's original instructions.
What a sweet vintage find.  I tell ya, a trip to Grandma's house is
always like walking into the past.


Danny taught mom & I how to create fancy Christmas bows.

 

 And last but not least, we played a lot of Scrabble.
On Friday night, we were supposed to be at a bar watching Brandon's band play.
But, for whatever reason, the show was cancelled.
So, instead Brandon stopped by at Great Grandma's house
and we played Scrabble at maximum capacity.  
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.






No comments:

Post a Comment