...meandering thoughts and a reminder to myself that a mundane day can be just as beautiful as a spectacular one.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Symphony of Blooms

 
Lucky me, my father-in-law was out of town-
so, I got to use his ticket to attend
the 34th Annual Floral Design Showcase
titled "A Symphony of Blooms".  It was
a fun ladies night out with my mother-in-law 
and her friend Mary, who's an absolute crack-up.


The timing was perfect.  
It's good for the spirit to be
surrounded by flowers and all that color 
in the middle of winter.


 From what I understand, it's a fundraiser for
And really, what a brilliant idea for fundraiser, right?
The event had six different local florists who
designed stellar arrangements right there in front
of everyone.  Then, right when they'd finish the 
arrangement, it'd get raffled off.  My mother-in-law and I didn't win. 
Mary won though.  So, that was exciting. 

Here's a list of all the florists that were there:
Kinsch Village Florist, Inc.   *My favorite.  Modern & fresh design.









  
I was so happy to see that one of the designers used my favorite flowers, the anthrium.
Sometimes, it seems like this flower gets forgotten about.  But, I just love it. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment