...meandering thoughts and a reminder to myself that a mundane day can be just as beautiful as a spectacular one.

Monday, September 15, 2014

About Time, 2013


No one can ever prepare you for
what happens when you have a child.
When you see the baby in your arms
and you know that it's your job now.
No one can prepare you
for the love and the fear.
She's lovely.
...

No one can prepare you for the love
people you love can feel for them.
And nothing can prepare you for
the indifference of friends
who don't have babies.
Do you wanna go to Uncle Jay?
No, thanks, it's fine.
It's great.
And it's a shock how
quickly you have to move
to a new place you completely can't afford.
...

And in the end I think I've learned the final lesson 
from my travels in time; and I've even gone one step 
further than my father did: The truth is I now don't travel back at all, 
not even for the day, I just try to live every day 
as if I've deliberately come back to this one day, 
to enjoy it, as if it was the full final day 
of my extraordinary, ordinary life. 
...
 
-Tim, About Time, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment