...meandering thoughts and a reminder to myself that a mundane day can be just as beautiful as a spectacular one.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Of Monsters and Men

Back in October for my birthday,
the mister surprised me with Of Monsters and Men
tickets.  So, finally after all that waiting the Monday
before Christmas came around and we ventured to 
the city for the big show.

I tell ya, this folk-pop band from Iceland is brilliant.
They had acoustic guitars, electric guitars, drums,
trumpets, keyboards, and even accordians.

Their music just makes me smile.
In fact, during the whole concert I kept
envisioning myself in a Riccola commercial
frolicking in the mountain air while
wearing a sundress or
spinning around with my arms outstretched like
Julie Andrews - Sound of Music style.

Great show from a great band.
Sometimes birthday presents are worth the wait.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment